BREAKING: Iran’s Qods Force fires 20 rockets toward Israel

SPECIAL SECURITY REPORT

Iran’s Qods Force stationed in Syria fired barrage of 20 rockets toward the Israeli part of the Golan Heights.
• Israel Police: No injuries or damages reported.
• IDF: Residents are requested to remain in protected spaces

By Elad Benari

 

The Iranian Qods Force fired a barrage of 20 rockets at IDF forward posts on the Golan Heights around midnight on Wednesday night.

A number of rockets were intercepted by the IDF’s Iron Dome aerial defense system. No injuries were reported.

“The IDF views this event with great severity and remains prepared for a wide variety of scenarios,” said the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit.

Iron Dome – Photo Courtesy IDF Spokesperson’s Office

Residents of the area have been asked to stay in protected spaces and listen to the instructions of the Home Front Command.

Earlier on Wednesday night, moments before the rocket fire on the Golan, Syrian media reported that Israel had attacked Syrian army posts in the Quneitra area of the Syrian Golan Heights.

One of the reports claimed that, among other things, a post that serves as a base for Hezbollah was attacked.

On Tuesday evening, an attack was carried out against Iranian missile depots at the Syrian army’s Al-Kiswa base south of Damascus.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that at least 15 people were killed in the attack, including eight Iranians.

The organization claimed that Israel was behind the attack. Israel would not comment on the report.

 

View original Arutz Sheva publication at:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/245717

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.