Hamas blames Israel after Gazans killed & injured in tunnel attack by Egyptian Army

 

The Hamas Health Ministry reported two people killed, five injured in an “Israeli attack” on an underground tunnel which the Egyptian Army was actually responsible for.

By JPOST.COM STAFF

 

Two people were reportedly killed and five were hurt in the southern Gaza Strip on Thursday in an “attack” on an underground tunnel along the border between Gaza and Egypt, according to Hamas’s Health Ministry.

The ministry described the incident as an “Israeli attack” and claimed it was done in response to rockets fired toward Eilat on Wednesday night.

Smoke rises after explosion at smuggling tunnel dug beneath Gaza-Egypt border – Reuters

However, a report released hours later by the Institute for National Security Studies said later on that the Egyptian Army was actually responsible for carrying out the attack.

Earlier in the week, on Monday, the IDF struck several Hamas targets following an early morning rocket attack and late afternoon gunfire from Gaza directed at troops.

Palestinian sources in Gaza reported a large strike in central Gaza Strip, saying the Israel Air Force had hit a Hamas target in Shuja’iyya and that renewed artillery fire targeted Hamas outposts in the central Strip.

Several hours earlier, IDF artillery shelled several Hamas targets in response to earlier gunfire targeting troops working on the Gaza border fence near Kissufim.

According to Palestinian reports,the IDF fired at two Hamas positions east of Deir el-Balah in the central Gaza Strip.

 

Ann Ahronheim contributed to this report.

View original The Jerusalem Post publication at:
http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Hamas-says-two-killed-in-Israeli-attack-on-underground-tunnel-481035

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply