Iranian media: Commander of al-Quds Force spoke with Nasrallah, said war against Israel would ‘hurt Iran and Hezbollah’; Revolutionary Guards later deny reports
Websites affiliated with Iran’s Revolutionary Guards quoted the commander of Iran’s al-Quds Force, Qasem Soleimani, as warning Nasrallah not to strike Israel during a phone conversation.
According to reports, Soleimani told Nasrallah that a war against Israel would “hurt Iran and Hezbollah.”
The Fares news agency reported earlier that Soleimani warned Nasrallah not to make “radical” moves, adding that the authority of those who think of launching a sudden attack against the “Zionist regime” should be curbed.
Notably, last week Nasrallah said that as opposed to the Second Lebanon War, Hezbollah now possesses the ability to hit specific Tel Aviv targets.
According to Wednesday’s reports, Soleimani said that a war would allow Israel to assume the role of victim.
However, the reports apparently angered senior Iranian officials, and several hours later the Revolutionary Guards denied the story, claiming it was a “big lie published on behalf of the Zionists.” According to the announcement, the West has been trying for some time to portray Hezbollah as a ‘two-faced organization.”
In the framework of his post, Soleimani is in charge of the Revolutionary Guards’ elite force, which among other things is in charge of coordination terror activity beyond Iran’s borders.
By Dudi Cohen