After UN Watch successfully exposed abuses from the United Nations special rapporteur at the Human Rights Counsel, Falk is now trying to get the U.N. to remove its observer credentials.
By Hillel C. Neuer
We’re under attack.
Moments ago, the Jewish Telegraph Agency reported that:
“Richard Falk, the United Nations special rapporteur on Palestinian human rights, called on the U.N. Human Rights Council to shut down the watchdog organization UN Watch.”
Headlines are now appearing in newspapers worldwide.
Falk is the U.N.’s permanent investigator against Israel. He endorses 9/11 conspiracy theories, supports Hamas, and exonerates Al Qaeda. Days after the Boston Marathon terrorist attack, he blamed the bombings on America and Israel.
UN Watch successfully exposes his abuses, getting him condemned time and again by world leaders, and throwing him on the defensive. Click here to see dramatic new video.
In retaliation, Falk is now trying to get the U.N. to remove our observer credentials—to shut us down.
I’ll be confronting him tomorrow morning in the Council plenary. Let me update you on exactly what’s happening—and ask for your help.
In an unprecedented act, Falk’s report devotes a scathing rant against a non-governmental organization.
Falk lashes out at UN Watch, saying we’ve made his life a living hell, that we’ve completely disrupted his “Legitimacy War” against Israel.
In his own words, he testifies to UN Watch’s incredible impact:
• Falk objects that UN Watch “demeaned” and “defamed” his character, damaged his “credibility,” and destroyed the “effectiveness” of his mandate.
• Falk expresses outrage that UN Watch got world leaders—and even his own boss, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon—to denounce him. As a result, journalists ignored his latest reports against Israel.
• Falk complains that UN Watch “smears” have been “sent to diplomats and United Nations officials, including the Secretary-General, who apparently accepted the allegations at face value, issuing public criticism with no effort to seek [my] views.”
• Falk laments that UN Watch won’t give him a moment’s rest, and that our “smear campaign” is carried out “in numerous settings,” from the UN to “university venues where the Special Rapporteur gives lectures.”
• Falk concludes that UN Watch has managed to “divert attention” from his “message” and to “shift public interest away” from his campaign of boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel.
Falk is lobbying furiously this week to get the dictator-dominated Human Rights Council to “investigate” UN Watch, falsely accusing us of being an Israeli-controlled puppet.
Are we facing this assault alone?
No. U.S. Ambassador Eileen Donahoe has just declared that “the United States completely rejects and condemns the irresponsible call to investigate a legitimate and UN-accredited NGO.” ADL’s Abe Foxman and Heritage Foundation’s Brett Schaefer have also rallied to our defense.
Let me assure you: We will stand our ground. We won’t back down.
When I confront Falk tomorrow, I want to announce before the United Nations that in direct response to his attack, supporters of UN Watch around the world have rallied to our defense and contributed a total of $50,000 to ensure our continued battle against anti-Israel bigots, dictatorships and double standards. Falk will be flabbergasted.
The above was a news letter sent by UN Watch and signed by Hillel C. Neuer, Executive Director, UN Watch
P.S. To show your support on the eve of my confrontation with Richard Falk, you can donate online now by clicking here, or by sending a check made out to “United Nations Watch – USA,” P.O. Box 5872, Friendship Post Office, Washington, D.C. 20016, USA.