Elite ‘swamp’ Democrats Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders, Chuck Schumer and Elizabeth Warren not among the 91 senators and 372 house representatives that have cosponsored two resolutions supporting the ‘Abraham Accords’ peace between Israel, UAE and Bahrain.
By Yoni Kempinski
91 senators and 372 house representatives have cosponsored two resolutions supporting the Abraham Accords between Israel, UAE and Bahrain.
AIPAC responded to these resolutions and wrote: “AIPAC commends the overwhelming bipartisan majorities in the Senate and the House that have currently cosponsored resolutions supporting the historic peace agreements between Israel, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Bahrain”.
“Under these agreements”, the AIPAC statement read, “the UAE and Bahrain join Egypt and Jordan in paving the path to peace through recognition and engagement rather than by seeking to isolate and boycott the Jewish state”.
The senators supported a resolution introduced by Senators Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Bob Menendez (D-NJ), Todd Young(R-IN) and Ben Cardin (D-MD).
According to details published by AIPAC, these are the major elements of the Senate resolution:
- Congratulates the Governments and people of Israel, the UAEand Bahrain on reaching these historic agreements.
- Encourages other Arab nations to establish full relations with Israel with the vision of realizing full peace between Israel and all of its Arab neighbors.
- Reaffirms its strong support for a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict resulting in two states—a democratic Jewish State of Israel and a viable, democratic Palestinian state—living side-by-side in peace, security, and mutual recognition.
In addition, 372 representatives have cosponsored a resolution which was introduced by Reps. Eliot Engel (D-NY), Michael McCaul (R-TX), Max Rose (D-NY) and Lee Zeldin (R-NY).
These are the major elements of the House resolution, as published by AIPAC:
- Supports the establishment of diplomatic relations between Israel and the UAE and Bahrain.
- Calls for greater people-to-people normalization among the countries.
- Calls on other Arab and Muslim countries to establish full relations with Israel.
- Reaffirms strong support for the legal requirement that U.S. arms sales may not adversely affect Israel’s ability to defend itself.
- Reaffirms its strong support for a negotiated two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Vice Presidential candidate Kamala Harris did not co-sponsor the resolution, and neither did Democratic senators Tammy Baldwin, Martin Heinrich, Patrick Leahy, Chuck Schumer, Tom Udall, and Elizabeth Warren.
Independent senator and former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders did not co-sponsor as well.
View original Arutz Sheva publication at:
‘as a light unto the nations’