Palestinian terrorist who shot & wounded Yehuda Glick shot dead by Police

Israel Police commander Yochanan Danino praises Shabak security service, and Magav’s Yamam special forces for tracking down & eliminating the terrorist who shot Temple Mount activist Rabbi Yehuda Glick.

Watch: Rabbi Glick’s inspirational speech just moments before the shooting

By Yaakov Levi


Israel Police commander Yochanan Danino on Thursday praised his forces for tracking down and eliminating the terrorist who shot and seriously wounded Temple Mount activist Yehuda Glick Wednesday. Security forces on Thursday killed an Islamic Jihad terrorist, a resident of Abu Tor in East Jerusalem, whom it is believed was the shooter who targeted Glick.

Danino said that the quick elimination of the terrorist was a signal to others who were considering such actions that they would not escape. “Terrorists need to know that the long arm of the law will apprehend them and bring them to justice,” he told reporters. “The circle was closed very quickly this morning after intense intelligence work by police, the Shabak security service, and the Yamam special forces. Cooperation between these groups brought us excellent and quick results.”

Commending the work of the thousands of officers now on duty in a very tense Jerusalem, Danino said that he and all Israelis “appreciate your round the clock work and efforts to defend Israelis. Police are doing important work and will continue to ensure the security of all Israelis.”

Glick – who founded and heads the LIBA Initiative for Jewish Freedom on the Temple Mount  was deliberately targeted for nationalistic reasons. Security forces killed an Islamic Jihad terrorist, a resident of Abu Tor in East Jerusalem, on Thursday morning, on suspicion that he was involved in the shooting of Glick.

Watch: Glick Speaks Moments Before Shooting

Glick was shot outside Jerusalem’s Begin Center, which had been hosting an event to help in efforts to re-establish a greater Jewish presence on the Mount Wednesday night. He was rushed to Sha’arei Tzedek Medical Center for immediate medical treatment and remains in serious condition.

Speaking to reporters, Professor Shimon Glick, Yehuda’s father, said that his son had complained to police of threats against his life “many times,” but had been ignored.

In response to the comments, police said that they had “no record” of any complaints by Yehuda Glick.

“We will investigate the matter of complaints by Glick in a thorough manner.” Jerusalem District police commander said that his officers had “no recollection” of complaints by Glick, “but the issue will be investigated.”


View original Arutz Sheva publication at: