Palestinian youth neutralized in knife-attack at bus-stop near Hevron


A 14 year-old Palestinian terrorist was shot in the foot by Israeli security forces while attempting to carry out a stabbing attack at the Elias junction bus stop.

By Arutz Sheva Staff


On Friday afternoon, a 14-year-old Muslim terrorist attempted to carry out a stabbing attack at Elias Junction, near Kiryat Arba.

Elias junction bus stop near Kiryat Arba, scene of Palestinian terrorist attacks – Photo source: Arutz7

Nobody was hurt, and the terrorist was successfully neutralized.

Apparently, the terrorist tried to sneak into the bus stop from the back. He managed to pull out his knife, but security forces, who are always present in the area, shot him in the foot.

Malachi Levinger, who heads the Kiryat Arba-Hevron council, said, “On the eve of the holy Shabbat, a dangerous and vile person has again tried to murder Jews near the entrance to Kiryat Arba-Hevron. Thank God, our devoted security forces managed to neutralize him before he caused any harm.”

“Just a few days ago, we had a meal of thanksgiving in this exact place, to thank G-d for the open miracles that we witness almost every day,” Levinger remarked. “The people of Kiryat Arba-Hevron are strong in spirit and will not be scared by the attempts of these violent [people] to murder us. However, we call upon the leaders of this country to do more to prevent terrorists from attempting to disrupt our daily lives.”

Two days ago, a female Muslim terrorist, aged 13, attempted to carry out a stabbing attack at Eliyahu Crossing, near the town of Alfei Menashe in Samaria. The terrorist appeared at the car checkpoint, walking and carrying a suspicious bag.

Pedestrians are not allowed near checkpoints intended for cars.

Security guards from the Crossings Authority of the Defense Ministry told her several times to stop. When she did not listen, they fired warning shots. After she ignored these as well, the guards shot her in the foot. She was injured very lightly.

A sapper who checked the female terrorist’s bag did not find anything, but the suspect herself told us, “I came here to die.”

Yesterday, in an interview with Channel 2, she claimed that she had no intention of carrying out an attack. Instead, she had come to see the place where her aunt had been shot a year before, after trying to stab security guards.


View original Arutz Sheva publication at: