During a consultation at the Prime Minister’s Office, Israeli official decided to close breaches in security fence separating Israel from the Palestinian Authority, take harsher measures against Israeli employers of illegal aliens, and closing down inciting PA media.
By Ben Ariel
Israeli officials decided on Tuesday night on a series of security-related measures in response to the ongoing terrorist wave.
Among other things, it was decided to immediately begin closing the breaches in the fence around Jerusalem and to construction an additional fence near Tarqumiyah, a Palestinian Arab town located near Hevron.
It was also decided to promote new legal measures against employers of illegal Palestinian Arab workers, to shut down inciting Palestinian Arab media outlets inciting and to deny work permits to Arabs in larger volumes.
These measures are in addition to the actions carried out regularly in the form of curfews and closures on Palestinian Arab villages from which terrorists carried out attacks against Israelis.
The security consultation was attended by Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon, Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan, Police Chief Roni Alsheikh, the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT), and representatives of the IDF.
Earlier on Tuesday evening, police said the visit to Israel by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden may have triggered the three terrorist attacks in Petah Tikva, Jerusalem and Yafo.
In a statement released following a security assessment, the police stressed that there were no specific warnings about Tuesday’s three attacks, but said that “it is quite possible that the visit of Vice President Joe Biden was a general trigger to those specific incidents.”
The visiting Biden was actually in Yafo at the time of the stabbing there, as he was attending an event at the Peres Center for Peace.
View original Arutz Sheva publication at: