Order signed by GOC Central Command chief supports the IDF in its anti-incitement crackdown, closing Radio Dream from broadcasting for 6 months.
• Earlier this month, 2 other Hevron radio stations were closed after spreading incitement and organizing violent demonstrations.
By Reuters & Israel Hayom Staff
For the third time this month, Israeli forces raided a Hebron radio station overnight Saturday as part of an ongoing effort to clamp down on anti-Israeli incitement over the Palestinian airwaves.
The raid, conducted against Radio Dream’s offices, was carried out with the help of Shin Bet security agency agents and Civil Administration officials. The forces seized equipment used for broadcasting and presented its personnel with a military order shutting it down until May 26, 2016. The order was signed by the IDF GOC Central Command, Maj. Gen. Roni Numa. The station owner, Talab al-Jabar, told Reuters that the broadcaster, called Dream, was not inciting but rather reporting on events. “They want to shut down the free voice and to shut down the Palestinian media. I can tell you that ‘Dream’ radio will be back on air very soon and it will be stronger,” he said.
- IDF closes Hebron radio station for encouraging terror and acts of violence
- IDF silences Palestinian radio station in Hebron over anti-Israel incitement
About three weeks earlier, on Nov. 3, the military shut down the Manbar al-Hurriyya (Freedom Tribune) station, citing its ongoing incitement and efforts to organize violent demonstrations. It has also been accused of praising terrorists and airing false reports that Israel was kidnapping and executing Palestinian teenagers.
According to the Israeli defense establishment, the Hebron area has seen about 30 attacks in October, including 22 stabbing attacks. This has led to a larger military presence in the Hebron area and intensified the Israeli operations in the city, the largest under the Palestinian Authority’s control.
View original Israel Hayom publication at: