IDF soldiers arrest the brother of the Palestinian terrorist who infiltrated a family home on Friday evening and butchered three to death, leaving one seriously injured.
The Israeli Defense Forces overnight on Friday conducted a series of raids and surrounded the village of the suspected terrorist who infiltrated a home in the West Bank on Friday evening and stabbed three family members to death.
Israeli security forces stated that they arrested the brother of man responsible for the attack. The IDF surrounded have the village of Kaubar, home of the alleged attacker, and are currently not allowing exit or entry from the village.
The suspect was named by Israeli media as 18-year-old Omar Abd Al-Jalil.
Soldiers have mapped out the suspect’s home, likely in preparation for a house demolition.
The raids came just hours after three people were killed and one injured in a stabbing attack in the West Bank settlement of Halamish on Friday evening.
The deceased were said to be a 40-year-old woman, and two men – aged around 40 and 60 respectively. Subsequent reports said the three were a father and his two children.
The mother, 68, was reportedly in a moderate to serious condition with stab wounds to her upper body, and was evacuated to Jerusalem’s Shaare Zedek Hospital where she is undergoing surgery.
There were young grandchildren present at the dinner, who were hid in a room by a relative, reports said.
According to reports, the attacker entered a house in the settlement north of Ramallah and stabbed four people – three were later reported to died of their wounds.<
“We entered the house and saw four casualties with stab wounds lying on the floor,” a paramedic was quoted in Israeli media as saying. “Three of them showed no signs of life.”
The assailant was shot, reportedly by a neighbor of the victims who was a serving soldier home on leave.
He was hospitalized in moderate condition.
Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman, along with Chief of General Staff of the Israel Defense Forces also visited the scene of the attack on Saturday.
Liberman ordered the process for demolishing the house of the suspect to be expedited along with the houses of the terrorists responsible for killing two Israeli police officers last week.
The defense minister also ordered security forces to be on high alert in the area and for more troops to be deployed in and around the settlement of Halamish.
Liberman called upon Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas as well as the secretary-general of the United Nations to condemn the attack.
View original i24NEWS publication at: