With calls for restitution for their investments of “an estimated €315,000 worth of EU-funded humanitarian assistance,” the European Parliament members condemned Israel’s plan to remove the illegal Bedouin encampment in a 320 to 277 vote, noting, “The demolition of Khan al-Ahmar and the forcible transfer of its residents would constitute a grave breach of international humanitarian law.”
– Last week Israel’s High Court of Justice ruled that there was no legal reason to prevent the illegally built homestead’s relocation.
By News Agencies and Israel Hayom Staff
The European Union on Thursday warned that Israel’s plan to demolish the Bedouin herding village of Khan al-Ahmar, east of Jerusalem, may amount to a war crime.
Khan al-Ahmar is located off a highway that runs through the West Bank from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea. Continue Reading »
Palestinian official Saeb Erekat says PA filed ‘war crimes’ charges against Israel at Int’l Court after Israel’s High Court of Justice approved demolition of illegally built Arab compound on public lands.
• WATCH John Bolton explain illegitimacy of the International Criminal Court.
By Arutz Sheva Staff
Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) Secretary-General Saeb Erekat said Tuesday that the Palestinian Authority (PA) had filed a war crimes suit against Israel following the Supreme Court’s decision to allow the evacuation of the illegal Bedouin village of Khan al-Ahmar.
National security adviser John Bolton talks about the International Criminal Court, the PLO and the US supporting Israel. Continue Reading »
EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini says Israel’s High Court of Justice ruling will have “serious consequences.”
• Pro-Palestinian group urges EU to show Israel “what it stands to lose.”
• WATCH video on illegal EU settlements
By Eldad Beck, News Agencies and Israel Hayom Staff
The European Union warned Israel over the weekend that the planned demolition of an illegal Bedouin village in the West Bank will have “serious consequences” and will pose a significant threat to the two-state solution.
Israel’s High Court of Justice on Wednesday cleared the way for the planned demolition of Khan al-Ahmar, an illegal Bedouin encampment located 10 kilometers (6 miles) east of Jerusalem between the Israeli communities of Maaleh Adumim and Kfar Adumim, which is home to some 180 Bedouin. Continue Reading »
A spokeswoman for the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights requested that Israel not raze the unsafe Bedouin roadside encampment, which Israel’s Supreme Court ruled was illegally built and posed a security threat.
– Far-left group J Street, signed a petition stating any demolition would ‘strike a major blow to prospects for a two-state solution.’
By the Associated Press
The UN’s main human rights body expressed concern on Tuesday over Israel’s expected demolition of a Bedouin hamlet in the West Bank, the structures of which Israel says were illegally built and pose a threat to security due to their proximity to a highway. Continue Reading »
The controlled explosive demolition of 6 illegally constructed apartment buildings, all six stories or taller, will be led by City of Jerusalem officials, and carried out in a joint operation by Israel Police, IDF demolition experts, and the Shin Bet internal security agency.
By David Rosenberg
The City of Jerusalem, in conjunction with Israeli security forces, is planning a massive demolition operation against an illegal neighborhood on the northern edge of the city.
Legal & licensed construction in Jerusalem – Photo: IsraelandStuff/PP
According to a report by Kan 11 Sunday night, the Jerusalem municipality is taking aim at six illegally-built high-rise apartment buildings in the village of Kafr Aqab, which sits inside the municipal boundaries of the capital. Continue Reading »
As gov’t bulldozers level the illegal, unlicensed structures in the village of al-Arakib near Beersheba, for the 112th time, on grounds that they were unlawfully erected on state land, Arab MK says Construction Minister Yoav Gallant wants to imprison the desert populace in ghettos.
By BEN LYNFIELD
Construction Minister Yoav Gallant on Tuesday sharply criticized an alleged Beduin “takeover” of swaths of the Negev and called for increased settlement of Jews in its eastern part to stem perceived Beduin encroachment there.
The remarks, which raised the specter of intensified home demolitions against the Beduin, were condemned as racist and a false depiction of the situation in the Negev by Balad MK Goumha Azbarga. Continue Reading »
Jerusalem accuses the E.U. for being ‘obsessed’ with Israel’s court sanctioned demolitions of illegal structures, instead of focusing on any of the 32 humanitarian crises around the world.
In a sharp criticism of the European Union on Tuesday, Israel’s Foreign Ministry accused Europe of focusing more time and energy on Israel’s West Bank demolition plans, than the mass of humanitarian crises happening all around the world, reported Haaretz.
Israel demolished illegal structures in the West Bank’s Area C, August 9, 2016 – Photo: COGAT Spokesperson
“There are 32 humanitarian crises around the world, but the EU chooses to disproportionately focus only on what is done in Area C of the West Bank, which are most definitely not suffering a humanitarian crisis,” the Foreign Ministry’s EU department director Avivit Bar-Ilan reportedly said, adding that she was “astounded” at the EU’s obsession with the demolitions in Area C, which is the part of the West Bank wholly under Israel’s control. Continue Reading »
Police officer killed, another wounded in vehicular terror attack in Negev Bedouin settlement, attacker neutralized by security forces.
– Arab MK hit in head by rock, presumably thrown by protesters.
– Watch video of confrontation with police.
By David Rosenberg
A police officer was killed and another injured early Wednesday morning, when an Arab terrorist attacked security forces securing the demolition of illegal structures in the Bedouin settlement of Umm Al-Hiran in southern Israel.
Police units were deployed to the Negev settlement before dawn on Wednesday to protect the demolition team from demonstrators who had gathered at the site of the planned eviction. Continue Reading »
Israeli Foreign Ministry clarifies that France must coordinate with Israel before building in ‘Area C’ as agreed in the EU signed Oslo Accords, which it didn’t do, and thus can’t complain that Israeli courts exercised its right to have illegally constructed buildings demolished.
By Arutz Sheva Staff
This morning, the Israeli Foreign Ministry responded to criticism from French citizens regarding the destruction of illegally constructed buildings in Area C. France intervened in the matter, due to the fact that it sponsored one of the buildings that were demolished.
Continue Reading »
Sources within the Ministry wish to clarify that “the claim that is being spread by the French Foreign Ministry is wrong.
Israel’s Prime Minister has until the end of October to assess the situation and decide whether or not the IDF will take action against the illegal structures in the Palestinian herding village.
By TOVAH LAZAROFF
The IDF could demolish 30 of the 100 illegal structures in the Palestinian herding village of Sussiya, according to a draft of the state’s response to the High Court of Justice, submitted on Wednesday. The draft also says the question of the West Bank village’s overall fate rests with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and not solely with Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman.
Sussiya – Photo: TOVAH LAZAROFF
The High Court of Justice mandated that the state submit its opinion on demolitions at Sussiya by the end of Wednesday. Continue Reading »
Israeli NGO condemns foreign criticism of court ordered demolition of illegally constructed Arab buildings, and calls on Defense Minister Liberman to ignore ‘idle threats’.
By Ido Ben Porat
Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman (Yisrael Beytenu) is expected to submit the ministry’s formal response in the Supreme Court to an appeal by the left-wing NGO ‘Rabbis for Human Rights’, which is demanding demolition orders for an illegal Arab outpost be shelved.
Illegal Arab settlement – Photo: Regavim
A number of buildings in the illegal outpost, which was constructed near the Jewish community of Sussiya near Hevron, are slated for destruction.
On Wednesday it was reported that senior US officials have been exerting heavy pressure on the Israeli government not to enforce the demolition orders. Continue Reading »
It appears the EU & UN have allied to halt Israel’s policy of demolishing illegally built structures the EU has been improperly erecting on state land.
BRUSSELS – A UN envoy urged the European Union on Friday to raise political pressure on Israel over accelerating demolitions of Palestinians home in the West Bank, which he said run against international law and increasingly affect aid projects sponsored by the bloc.
Robert Piper, a United Nations assistant secretary general and the head of humanitarian affairs for the Palestinian territories, briefed EU officials in Brussels on that, noting there have been over 540 demolitions and confiscations so far this year. Continue Reading »
British daily reports the EU has used taxpayer’s aid money to ‘meddle’ in a foreign territorial dispute by building over 1,000 illegal structures for Arab squatters in areas of Judea & Samaria, that under the 1993 Oslo Accords, fall under full Israeli jurisdiction.
By Eli Leon, News Agencies and Israel Hayom Staff
The European Union has funded the construction of over 1,000 buildings across Area C in Judea and Samaria, giving ownership of them to the Palestinians, the British Daily Mail reported Tuesday.
The EU is reportedly using aid money to “‘meddle’ in a foreign territorial dispute” [Illustrative] – Screenshot
Under the 1993 Oslo Accords, Area C, which makes up some 60% of Judea and Samaria, is under full Israeli control. Continue Reading »
Among the illegal structures demolished, were 14 funded by the EU, including houses, storage spaces & several temporary structures.
By Elisha Ben Kimon
Israel’s Civil Administration has demolished dozens of illegal Palestinian structures in the West Bank since the beginning of 2016, at least 14 of which were funded by the European Union.
Illegal EU funded Palestinian structures in the area of Kfar Adumim.
The demolitions were done in the area between Mount Hebron and the Jordan Valley as well as in E1, an area near the settlement of Ma’ale Adumim.
Among the structures demolished were houses, storage spaces and several temporary structures, leaving some of the residents there homeless. Continue Reading »
After Israel’s PM ordered the Foreign Ministry to suspend diplomatic contact with EU over its biased labeling policy, NGO calls to go a step further & stop rampant EU breach of local and int’l laws.
By Ari Yashar
Following Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s orders on Sunday night to suspend diplomatic contact with the European Union (EU), an NGO has called to destroy the illegal Arab settlements funded by the EU.
Illegal Arab structures funded by the EU – Regavim
Netanyahu’s orders were a response to the EU decision to label Jewish products from over the 1949 Armistice lines – Judea, Samaria, eastern Jerusalem and the Golan Heights. Continue Reading »